Thursday, December 29, 2005

over my shoulder

1) Was 2005 a good year for you?
yuh huh. i moved, like i planned, and rejuvenated myself on many facets.

2) What was your favorite moment of the year?
a first kiss, which i had this summer. first kisses are great!

3) What was your least favorite moment of the year?
when someone i cared for very much looked me dead in the eyes and gave me the pink slip with a sardonic voice, and i knew in my heart that it was over and there was nothing i could do about it.

4) Where were you when 2005 began?
in my living room, sipping on sparkling grape juice, fighting sleep and watching the ball drop on t.v.


5) Who were you with?
me, myself, and i.

6) Where will you be when 2005 ends?
i have absolutely no idea, but i hope it's not at my house.


7) Who will you be with when 2005 ends?
i have absolutely no idea, but i have confidence that it won't just be me, myself, and i.

8) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2005?
i didn't make one. i'm generally not in the habit of making new years resolutions.


9) Do you have a new years resolution for 2006?
yup, this year i came up with one - stop ackin stupid. which is shorthand for be my best self. i also have a deadline on a financial goal that i made two summers ago - we'll see what happens with that.


10) Did you fall in love in 2005?
nope, i didn't - not with a man, anyway. had some nice times and made some friends, though.

11) If yes, with who?
the act of writing for an audience instead of just myself.

12) If yes, do they know?
i don't think that writing is so personified that it can "know" anything.

13) Are you still in love with them?
yuh huh, i still love writing.

14) You regret it?
why would i?

15) Did you breakup with anyone in 2005?
nope. but certain somebodies decided to not to deal with me anymore.

16) Did you make any new friends in 2005?
yuh huh. i'm very grateful for that (and for being able to keep my tried-and-true veteran friends.)

17) Who are your favorite new friends?
i don't have favorite new friends. these people are too new to be picking favorites from.

18) What was your favorite month of 2005?
let's go with july on this one. that's when the writing became more of a passion than a mere hobby.

19) Did you travel outside of the US in 2005?
nope.

20) How many different states have you traveled in 2005?
five

21) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2005?
nope.

22) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
yeah, quite a few people, living and dead.

23) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2005?
crash

24) What was your favorite song from 2005?
it's all good - fantasia

25) What was your favorite album from 2005?
late registration

26) How many concerts did you see in 2005?
two - the sugarwater festival with jill, the queen, erykah, and floetry. and the legends of hip-hop tour. that was enough for me.

27) Did you have a favorite concert in 2005?
sugarwater festival, even though it was the hotness to be so close to krs-one that i could see the sweat beads on his forehead.

28) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2005?
no

29) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2005?
no

30) How many people did you sleep with in 2005?
none of your business. the nerve!

31) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
uh huh. i still owe that dude a dollar. i didn't let go of some pain soon enough. i was late to pick up my little cousin. i didn't give my all when i should have.

32) What was the biggest lie you told in 2005?
that i was okay when i wasn't.

33) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2005?
"i'll communicate with you, not like what you had to deal with before."

34) Did you treat somebody badly in 2005?
my mind probably has selective memory. i might have, but if i did, i don't remember it.

35) Did somebody treat you badly in 2005?
see above - someone lied to me and another was ohsocold.

36) How much money did you spend in 2005?
too much.

37) What was your proudest moment of 2005?
when my dad said that none of his gray hairs are from me and that when he worries about me, it's not about my capabilities, it's about the world around me, because he has faith in me.


38) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2005?
it must not have been that embarrassing cause i can't remember it.

39) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2005 what would it be?
i'd like to go back to the first time i shared my poetry at an open mic and videotape it so that i could remember it forever.

40) What are your plans for 2006?
to keep breathing and believing, learning from life, and striving to be my best self.