Monday, October 31, 2005

weekend recap how comes

how come i had a good weekend
how come i missed floetry's cd release party and am kicking myself
how come oh well gotta suck it up
how come customer service is so bad
how come i love when men make me laugh
how come i don't love when men make me mean like that dude at the party
how come if you can't read my body language tone of voice and curt responses you are so not smart enough to try to kick it with me anyway
how come i had to be blunt
how come i hate being blunt but i am certainly capable of it
how come i hate when men you are rejecting think you are playing hard to get so if they just try harder you'll like that
how come dammit no i don't
how come i was about to get one of my brothers to block him
how come i'm glad it didn't come to that cause i was able to slip away through the crowd
how come just venting that is allowing me to let it go... til it happens again
how come men wonder why women wear blocker rings
how come i didn't plan on any parties this weekend but stumbled into two
how come a poem happened to me in the midst of a show and i had to write in between performances so as not to disrespect the artists

…how come i hope i contribute something of value

how come i can't control when poems happen to me
how come that one poet is so free
how come that other poet is so funny, and that one too, and that other one
how come this poet makes me feel appreciated
how come this other poet gives good hugs like my good hugs
how come i don't believe in half azz hugs
how come that other poet makes me feel special as a poet
how come this one poet makes me feel special as a woman
how come that poet over there makes me aspire to be a better writer
how come this other poet makes me aspire to be a better person
how come this poet over here really makes me want to pick their brain and learn from them
how come that one makes me feel cared for like family, and as a matter of fact, that one, and this one too, and that other one
how come i look up to that poet
how come i love the way that poet received my encouragement
how come that's why i hang around
how come i hope i contribute something of value to the poets who contribute to me
how come i'm too shy to name names but does it really matter
how come i just had to share that though