Wednesday, January 11, 2006

straight wilin'

i was going to do some research and get some statistics and some guidelines and some really official-sounding medical advice from journals and public health publications and stuff like that. i had to study some of that stuff in school, so i probably would have done a really good job and really gave this blog entry the hook-up. problem is, i didn't have time, 'cause i was too busy sleeping.

awwww yeeeeeeaaaah boy-eeeeee!!! (please forgive my fl.ava fla.v moment. i've been

awwww yeeeeeeaaaah

boy-eeeeee!!!

listening to fear of a black plan.et a lot lately, so i guess he's on the brain. please do not attribute it to any watching of the cele.breality tragedies that have been airing starring the clocked one - cause i won't... won't-won't-won't patronize the hype. but i digress...)

i simply have not been getting enough sleep. i think monday night i got about 3 hours. sunday, maybe 4 or 5. and i've been dealing with not getting enough sleep for the past few months now. i can't rightly say i have insomnia. it's just that there are so many other things i can find to do besides sleep. and since i can't get out of going to work during the day, and since i can do whatever i want when i leave, i often find myself admonishing myself, somewhere around two in the morning, to go to bed. for the last two days, i have had to leave the office and take a 5 minute walk to keep from falling asleep at my desk. not a good look. at all.

last niiiiight, me and my pillooooow... we slept, slept, slept, together. said we sleeept! (slept) sleee-heeept! (slept), sleeeeeeeept! (slept) - we slept, (everybody now) together. *doo-doo-doo-doo. doo-doo-doo-doo. doo-doo-doo-doo, doo-doo, doo-doo, doo-doo...* i won't apologize for the ed.die lever.t impression. this is my house (*copyright e.ddie murp.hy's drunken, slurring daddy*), and i'm

goot gawd!

feeling good (goot-gawd!), because i got seven and a half sweet hours of unconsciousness last night! shoot, i'm so delirious - my energy is so raw - i don't know what to do with myself. and therein lies the lesson. i've been missing something in my life. no not that. well, yeah that, but that's not what i'm talking about - see toast. denial is our friend. *shaking my head*

but anyway, i've been missing sleep. and i just wanted to make a public service announcement (since i couldn' t think of a decent enough topic to post by 10 this morning... see? my creativity is better in the middle of the night. see?!?! i been missing sleep 'cause of this blog. no wait, i am completely undermining my own resolve to get more sleep... *taps keyboard* oh snap! is this thing still on?) *ahem!* anyway, um, make sure you get enough sleep. your blog might suffer. but your body will thank you for it. cause i don't even need the massage my shoulders have been begging for anymore. and look - *does br.uce lee impression* i'm alert and ready for the day! speaking of which, let me get to it.