Wednesday, August 23, 2006

crunch time

i was really inspired by the show i went to last night at a venue called the womb. everyone did an excellent job - the stage presence was amazing, consistently. and i got nervous because i am the featured poet at one of my favorite venues tomorrow night, and i am not ready. i wanted to do everything without reading from my notebooks. i wanted to show growth in my ability to command the stage with my words. i don't want a pity clap, or a that's-my-peoples clap. but i'm not quite prepared for that now, and i'm a little disappointed in myself, 'cause i've known this night was coming for several weeks now. procrastination is the only thing i ever seem to be on time for - if only because it doesn't require promptness and preparation. so now, i'm cramming. we'll see what happens in front of my dearest poetry aficionado friends. maybe i'll learn something valuable from this experience, and hopefully i won't fall on my face...