Friday, May 05, 2006

searching...

my life
my life
my life
my life
in the sunshi-i-ine

everybody loves the sunshi-i-ine
folks get down in the sunshi-i-ine...

i need some sunshine, too, 'cause i'm trying to find something. matta fact, y'all seen it? i ain't seen my you-betta-write-it in a minute. i haven't written a new poem in some time. i've had ideas and thoughts, but haven't pulled out the paper to write with. see, that's my you-betta-write-it's job. it compels me to stop thinking to myself and start thinking with ink. and though i've been writing in my journal and in my blog, it hasn't been with the same frequency or even with the same passion. but i want it back. 'cause maybe if i got it back, i would enjoy the open mics like i did before i stopped going as frequently. and maybe i would be more inspired in general, like i was when i was writing more frequently. 'cause as good as popsicles are, they still don't do what writing does for me. i gotta find my you-betta-write-it. it's gotta be around here somewhere. i'm just like my mama - always losing stuff. don't make no sense...