Tuesday, May 27, 2008

woman of war

I won't limit my war to just the one thing. But I've noticed that as my blog changes, I think it reflects what I find most imperative to share on my own soapbox. As of late, these things are my wars. I've been keeping my peace close to my heart. If this blog is all you know of me, it's been a long time since you've heard about what makes my mornings good and what makes my evenings peaceful. You're not hearing much about my contentment, because I've been busy sharing my discontentment. It's strange, because when I first started this blog, I was surprised by the reactions I was getting - reactions to my expressions of what made life good. It is as if this blog is now being written by a different person. It is. I am not the same glory I was even three years ago.

I'm cool with it.

Stagnation is death's close kin.

That said, I kinda miss sharing my peace here. Part of the blessing in doing that is that blogging becomes a moment in which you still yourself and reflect on what brings you joy. Sharing it with others plays the multifaceted role of acknowledging the goodness in your life and reminding others of the goodnesses in their lives. Shout out to Melette, TJ, and Diva for sharing those things with me... whether or not you know it, it inspires, ministers, and heals. I'm not saying I'm going to boomerang back to 2005. I can't make any promises about this forum - I have finally learned better. But I know that right now, I am inspired.