Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Fear

First, some fools robbed a bank and one of them used an assault rifle to kill a cop who was tailing them. The officer has left a widow and three children behind. It breaks my heart that this family man was killed in this way. It has been reported that his last words were that he loves his wife and his children. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. My city is in mourning.

But in case that wasn't enough, tensions are rising. There is a manhunt for one of the suspects involved in the bank robbery. The police are hunting for the bad guy - it's been half a week now, and they still don't have him. I hope he turns himself in, because if they find him first, I hope he survives the encounter...

Because this is what's going on in my city now.




And I'm fearing for my honey's life, as he goes to and from, praying that this doesn't happen to him, like it did to these murder suspects, who were snatched out of their car, kicked and beaten.

Arguably, they're murder suspects, so maybe that's why the police went off on them... but it still looks like excessive force to me. It looks like maybe all of these emotions - this rising tension in the wake of the slain officer's death, is making it dangerous to be on the streets.